SOHS Summer Reading Invitation
SOHS has a gift for you! All students for 2022-2023 school year will receive a free book! Librarians and our lit coach will be presenting selections to students to make their choice.
Here is a list of the book choices:
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- The Fellowship of the Ring by JRR Tolkien
- The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynne Barnes
- Nemesis by Brendan Reichs
- Nomadland by Jessica Bruder
- One Day in the LIfe of Ivan Denisovich by Alexsandr Solzhenitsyn
- The Pearl by John Steinbeck
- PS I Like You by Kasie West
Please complete the book prior to the first day of school. Your English teacher will ask you to write a reflection on your summer reading selection in the beginning of the school year.
Outstanding Books for the College Bound
Looking for summer reading recommendations? Check out these lists!
FREE EBOOKS and AUDIOBOOKS
Don't have any books at home? We have thousands of ebooks and audiobooks available online at https://soraapp.com/welcome
Use Sora or OverDrive for FREE to check out your next book!